Matthew and I brought two things back from our Key West honeymoon. One of those things was not the scooter we're riding here:
(Although that would have made Matthew a very happy man.)
We brought back, 1) a craving for fish tacos and, 2) a love of Dark 'n' Stormies.
And since Toronto isn't exactly the fish-taco capital of the world, we had to learn to make them ourselves. They're now a signature dish here.
Last weekend, we had our last fish tacos until the warm weather returns. Sniff.
Day 2: Leftovers rock.
Excuse the rush photography job. I was mid-bite when I realized that we were about the demolish the last evidence of our favourite summer meal.
If you want a prettier picture, check out Centsational Girl's blog. Her recipe changed our (culinary) lives.
Make the fish according to her instructions. For the coleslaw, I've messed with hers enough to warrant its own new recipe.
|Spicy Chipotle Lime Cilantro Coleslaw||
- ½ cup nonfat honey Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup mayo
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 chipotle pepper (in adobo sauce), chopped
- 1 tsp adobo sauce, or more (to taste)
- pinch of salt
- handful fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 bag Dole's Classic Coleslaw
- Mix everything (except coleslaw) in blender until smooth.
- Taste. If you like spice, add more adobo sauce.
- Pour dressing over coleslaw, mix well.
- Serve on fish tacos.
Enjoy. (If you do, I'll be envious. I miss them already.)
Oh, and if you're hankering for a Dark 'n' Stormy, pour 1.5 oz Gosling's Black Seal Rum over ice. Add ginger beer. Garnish with a wedge of lime.