Every Tuesday, I make sweet potato fries.
Matthew has hockey on Tuesday evenings and insists on making his own pre-game meal — carefully measured pasta with a couple tablespoons of tomato sauce — so I get to indulge in my favourite comfort food without feeling guilty that I'm cooking selfishly. (Matthew doesn't get as excited about sweet potatoes as I do. Weird.)
So even though my husband is out of town for a few days — Fun fact: this is our first time apart overnight since we got married almost two years ago! — I stuck to the food schedule.
|Nadine's Sweet Potato Fries||
- One large sweet potato
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Nonstick spray
- 1/3 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 450°. Spray baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Scrub sweet potato, cut into fries*.
- Toss potatoes in bowl with olive oil and a few shakes of ground cinnamon.
- Bake potatoes on baking sheet for 15-17 minutes.
- Take fries out of the oven, toss/stir, then bake for 10 minutes more.
- Eat with yogurt dip (see below).
- For dip, mix yogurt and mustard in small bowl. Serve on the side.
*Leave skin on. Peeling is tedious, unnecessary and robs you of the good stuff.
Next up: Kale chips. (It's girl-friendly food week!)