This is a staple meal in our house. We eat it at least twice a month between Easter and Thanksgiving, not because it's the "right" thing to do, but because we can't help it. It's addictive.
(Yes, it's possible to crave salad.)
Adapted from this recipe.
|Chicken Avocado Mango Salad||
- 1 large boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 mango, diced
- 2 Tbsp red onion, diced
- 1 heart romaine lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Slice chicken breast. Toss in olive oil over medium heat. Season with fresh ground pepper.
- Divide lettuce, mango, avocado, red onion between two bowls — or more, if you like small salads.
- Top salads with cooked chicken.
- In glass jar or measuring cup, whisk together balsamic vinegar and extra virgin olive oil.
- Drizzle dressing over salads.
What's your favourite summer salad?